POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOLLOWING TOOTH EXTRACTION /SURGICAL PROCEDURE
Whenever we undergo for extraction of our tooth or any minor oral surgical procedure few steps are very important to take care of the site of the surgery. Here we are explaining about the few important instructions. For more updates: http://www.mumbaidentalclinics.com
- Apply direct pressure to the site, by firmly biting on a folded gauze pad, as a way of controlling the initial bleeding. Change the gauze every 45 minutes until the bleeding stops.
- You may have difficulty feeling your lips, cheeks or tongue due to numbness. This is a temporary feeling and will wear off within 2 to 6 hours. Please take care not to bite your lips, cheeks or tongue.
- Place ice packs on the side of your face where surgery was performed.
- Vigorous mouth rinsing or touching the affected area following surgery should be avoided. Do not rinse your mouth for the first post-operative day or while there is bleeding. After the first day, use a warm salt water rinse every 4 hours and after meals to flush out particles of food and debris that may lodge in the area.
- Do not use a straw for drinking liquids or spit for 3 days following surgery.
- Do not smoke for at least 3 days following surgery. The longer you avoid smoking, the better your healing will progress.
- Take your prescribed pain medication as soon as you begin to feel discomfort. This will usually coincide with the local anesthetic becoming less effective.
- A soft diet for the first few days after extraction will help to minimize irritation to the site. Also, drink plenty of fluids for the first few days.
- Restrict your activities on the day of surgery and resume normal activity when you feel comfortable.
- You may be asked to return to our office for a post-operative follow-up visit following surgery. There is no additional charge for this follow-up visit. Please make every effort to return to have your surgical sites examined for proper healing.
- Following extractions some bleeding is to be expected. It is normal for the saliva to be slightly stained with blood for 1 to 2 days. If persistent bleeding occurs, place moist gauze pads over bleeding area and bite down firmly for one-half hour. Repeat if necessary. If bleeding still persists, contact the dentist.
- Some swelling is normal and should not cause alarm. An ice bag or ice cubes wrapped in a towel should be applied to operated area, one-half hour on and one-half hour off for 4 to 5 hours.
- Do not brush your teeth in the immediate area of the extraction for the first 24 hours. Then, be a little gentle for the first few days to avoid trauma to the area. Of course, it’s very important to brush and floss normally everywhere else, and keep your mouth as clean as possible.
*** Above mentioned instructions are for your reference only. Consult your doctor in case of any confusion and listen the instructions properly given to you after surgical procedure.
At our clinic we provide best cosmetic and surgical dental treatment in udaipur. we suggest you to book an appointment and visit us for best dental treatment in udaipur.
MUMBAI MULTISPECIALITY DENTAL CLINIC
COSMETIC & IMPLANT CENTRE
OPP. ICICI BANK MADHUBAN UDAIPUR
+91-8107259893, +91-8818891362, 0294-2415893