Tooth sensitivity is a common problem that involves discomfort or pain when encountered with certain substance and temperatures. It can happen to anyone. The most common symptom is, sudden and acute pain when teeth came in contact with cold, sweet, hot or acidic food items. Some may also face during brushing and flossing of teeth.
Remedies for Treatment:
- De-Sensitize Toothpaste: There are quite a few clinically proven toothpastes are available. They provide a shield on the teeth and reduce the impact of sensitivity. These toothpastes contain potassium nitrate, which blocks the signals of pain to brain. Dentists also suggest soft bristle toothbrush and low fluoride toothpaste as well.
- Salt Water: mouthwash with salt water makes it an antiseptic and helps in reducing the inflammation. Gargling with salt water twice in a day, helps in keeping the inflammation minimum.
- Honey and Warm Water: Honey is an antibacterial agent, which can be used for wound repair. They also aid in quick healing, reduce pain, swelling and inflammation. In order to reduce pain, rinse your mouth with honey and warm water.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory agent in them. A compound called curcumin possesses anti-septic properties. Making a topical paste of turmeric and applying on the teeth reduces the inflammation.
- Green Tea: Green tea is another product which contains health benefits. It also used in prevention of cancer and cardio vascular problems as well. It possesses anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Using green tea as mouthwash provides strength and reduces inflammation.
Prevention is better than cure. These tips can help in reducing the pain for a temporary period, but for long term solution, it is advisable to consult a dental specialist. Get the best advice and treatment from a dentist as they can judge a situation more judiciously.